Saturday, April 21, 2012

appliance slayer

yep; that's me. we've killed yet another washer/dryer contraption. this is our 4th or maybe 5th -- i've lost count.  i started a washload of clothes at 11am today and at 8pm, they were still soaking wet. trying to explain a spin cycle (or lack thereof) to 3 different maintenance men was challenging. so they just brought me another. and 5 minutes after the maintenance guy left, this one stopped drying and started beeping at me. i think its hungry. i think i'll take an axe to the refrigerator now. i was also just informed that you can't actually change clock setting on the microwave; you just have to unplug it and replug it in at 1:00 cause that's what time it sets itself to. i know this is not a real problem; its just a real ridiculous problem.

its been a frustrating week here in the mid-east. in checking in for the flight back from doha, i had to check my carry-on bag because it was too heavy. i neglected to remove the valuable items from it because i figured it was safe in the hands of etihad airlines - wrong. the sparkly new ipad3 i bought jeff for his birthday is apparently magic in that it disappeared from my bag somewhere over the friendly skies. the airline says i should have locked the luggage.

tomorrow its back to doha for my final week here. which really excites me.

happy almost earth day!

t.

No comments:

Post a Comment